One of the toughest situations to face is the line of duty death. The administrative and logistical aspects of a LODD are often overwhelming to those individuals and agencies that are ill prepared. This course will address many of those issues as well as give special attention to pre-incident planning and proper follow-up services.
This interactive class has been designed to prepare Emergency Service providers, military personnel, school administrators, municipal officials, as well as CISM teams who may need to address a Line of Duty Death.
· Emotional and psychological impact of LODD
· Critical injury in the line of duty
· Line of duty death or injury notifications
· Additional resources for agencies/professions
· Administrative and logistical action plans
· Debriefing steps of a line-of-duty death process
· Stages of grief Cultural differences
· Care for the organization and the surviving family
· CISM components after a line of duty death/injury
Completion of “Line of Duty Death: Preparing the Best for the Worst” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (13 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.